My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Hospital/Doctor relationship question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with Health systems that have numerous departments and buildings on Google My Business. Additionally, we have hundreds of Doctors with listings. All of which are verified and we manage under one main GMB account.

My question is, does Google allow you to have a hierarchy ability or anyway that you can link doctor to the GMB location in which they work? Having the doctor listing somehow tied to the location listings. I.e. "this doctor works within this building."

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Hospital/Doctor relationship question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi

Google does provide guidance on this type of structure:

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)

An individual practitioner is a public-facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents are all individual practitioners. Listings for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated listing if:

• He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own listings.
  • He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.

A practitioner should not have multiple listings to cover all of his or her specializations.

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog