Help! Our listing was maliciously altered to make a racist comment!
1600 S 4th St, Leavenworth, KS 66048
Hi GMB support,
Recently, someone maliciously altered one of listings to make a racist comment. We had the listing corrected by escalating via a Google Contact but it had been up a few days before our organization noticed.
- We didn’t see the malicious text in our GMB account. Any ideas how this could happen? Should there been a notification or log somewhere?
- Do changes require approval once address is claimed? Can crowdsourced edits overwrite what we have set in our account?
- How does the approval/change flow work?
- How can we change a mistake once we see something like this? Can we change ourselves or does it require Google intervention?
- Is there an automatic setting to set up to moderate crowd-sourced suggestions? Does GMB automatically approve the edits if the location is not being claimed/not-claimed?
- Is there a rule we can set up at front to edit out “F…” or any inappropriate comments?