My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Halal: Upsettingly incorrect business listings

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Halal food is a very big deal for millions of people. Our challenge is that both Google Business listings and organic web restaurant results are suggesting that some Nando’s locations are halal when they are not.

The example I give is of the of the search [halal restaurants in brighton marina

This Nando’s is not marked as Halal in Google my Business nor does it carry the Halal badge on the website. Yet Google suggests it is a business that serves Halal food. Some Nando’s restaurants are Halal and I can see why Google might have built an association.

Imagine people’s frustration with Google and Nando’s, though, if they carefully research a location for the family to eat, make the trip only to discover that the restaurant isn’t able to serve Halal dishes. It would be wonderful if there was a way to ensure restaurants didn’t appear for this sort of search result as it can be quite upsetting.

Halal1.pngHalal2.png

The example restaurant has the current address: Brighton Marina Village, Brighton BN2 5WA, UK and a phone number of +44 1273 677453 but please do not phone.

The G+ URL is https://plus.google.com/b/115212605317116259772/115212605317116259772

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Andrew G

thanks for bringing this to the attention of this forum.

I investigated little bit and you issue seem not restricted on Brighton results. Same seems happen for "halal Restaurants London" or even with "Kosher Restaurants London - listing par example the

"La Fiesta"  despite of being a Mexican restaurant at 
Address: 235 Golders Green Rd, Barnet, London NW11 9ES, United Kingdom
 and offering "South American dining room with themed decor and rustic wooden furniture, serving mainly steaks

Surprisingly and doing similar searches for cities in my own country (Germany) seem listing only halal restaurants (same for Kosher restaurants)

Will escalate your issue to my communication manager.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!

I can confirm this issue is not isolated to just this location. It is a common but sometimes erratic problem. The escalation is appreciated. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Andrew G

This happens so often - I have the feeling it's a bug in the software of the forum

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

More customer concerns about misleading halal suggestions. I've advised the restaurants involved that they're not incorrectly labeled in the system.

Does community experience give us any ideas how long these investigations/fixes from Google generally take?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I can only tell you having escalated it a week ago and made today a bump of my escalation.

There is no eta for  a fix

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the bump.