My Business
7K members online now
7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ page has been suspended for spammy behavior.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I manage search for a company called iCracked. We have technicians all around the country who operate as service area businesses and fix iPhones, iPads, etc. I've been working to set up service area GMB pages for our techs, which has required tons of calls to the GMB team to ensure I'm doing things correctly as GMB isn't really designed for service area businesses with lots of locations like us. I reached about 50 verified locations and then all of a sudden logged in on Friday last week and got a message that all of our 50+ verified locations had been suspended. Following the appeals process only got me an answer that they'd been suspended for "spammy behavior" - no details at all on what the behavior is. Per Google's guidance, I've been using our tech's home addresses for postcard verification but then checking the service area business box and checking the box that we do not serve customers at our address. I have not added any content to the pages beyond basic profile information. Is there any way to get more info on what behavior Google thinks is spammy? I can't figure out why this would have happened all of a sudden to all locations. Here are a couple of example pages:

https://plus.google.com/b/113890251590349326769/113890251590349326769/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en

https://plus.google.com/b/108197107018795164295/108197107018795164295/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en

Thank you!

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Google+ page has been suspended for spammy behavior.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul Z

The problem is this "service area pages for OUR techs" and "techs home address".

A service area page is still a business page and still falls under guidelines, in the sense that, it should be for that Business.

Your techs are not the business and neither is their home address, as far as I can tell.

If those techs are franchises and they have rights to run iCracked and they pay taxes at that address for that iCracked franchise, then they can contact business support with the evidence,  that is their actual business address and location.

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tim - very much appreciate the reply. The techs DO operate as franchises for iCracked. Has there been a recent change that would have caused this? As I mentioned I've spend hours on the phone with GMB support and explained to them our exact business model. Multiple people there gave me the go-ahead and said it was perfectly fine for us at corporate to create GMB pages for the techs, and that since our techs would receive the verification postcard at their address. Given this I'm surprised this is suddenly being considered spammy. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul Z

I have no idea why now, but that is algo's for you.

Each Tech should contact business support, with evidence that they are the business owner.

Looking at the 2 pages you provided, the business descriptions are exactly the same, logos are the same. 

However looking at this business page : https://plus.google.com/108197107018795164295/about

Who's is it ?  is it michaels, anthoney, chris or thomases.

Surely if the tech owned the franchise, then it would link to their location page, with their own tel number. 

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership