My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Google MyBusiness Logo Greyed Out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I work at a social media marketing company and recently the google my business logo became greyed out for all of my client's accounts. Can't seem to find anyone who has ever had a similar problem.

I read recently that google was dropping support for brand accounts, however I can still access to brand account just fine. I have managed to find a work around where if I go to the non business google+ page then select the brand account to load its corresponding Google+ then the my Business logo will be clickable able.

We check a large number of our clients MyBusiness Incites that show on the manage location page but its become a huge hassle to get to that page anymore.

Anyone have any other info on this? Or maybe a better system of navigating to that page?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Zac J

How many locations? 

Did you use the bulk upload tool when you initially verified the accounts?

Never heard about your picture issue, perhaps the SOURCE file our URL that the pointed to the picture is broken?

That could be the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Eric Lesperance

So we manage the google my businesses of roughly 20 clients or so across about 15 diffident accounts and every one of those accounts are all experiencing the same issue, in all browsers, on different computers, connected to different wifis.

I also don't think it could possibly be an issue with the image file as the logo shows up it's just all grey and not clickable.

Also an important note. A couple clients I didn't move the MyBusiness Logo up above the fold (in the 9box drop down in the top right) and it doesn't show up for them at all anymore (unless I get to the google+ and switch to brand)

Re: Google MyBusiness Logo Greyed Out

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Zac J

are you by chance talking about the issue reported my many other users in this thread:

The Google My Business app icon is grayed out ?

Attentio:

Google decided in their fathomless wisdom chaning in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Zac J @Helmut Geissler

Helmut is correct, this bug has been going around. We have clients that experienced the same issue, threw us for a loop!

Thanks Helmut!