My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Listing help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm managing a group of Google My Business locations, and for most of them, they are published on Google+ (seems to be by default or automatic).

However, some locations I've created in Google My Business don't have Google+ pages, and I can't figure out how to add it, except for doing it manually from within Google+, which doesn't seem right...seems like a long way around to possibly have conflicts or errors.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

GMB Listing help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a Google rep call me yesterday (I had the same issue.) She said they are going to be separate and will no longer be connected? This made no sense to me whatsoever. She also said they were dropping support for Google Plus. Managing all my locations in "Google my Business" has been working well so I am confused why the change?

Strange: Today the Google Plus page is there, along with a duplicate listing! Grrrrr.....

GMB Listing help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow! That's a big surprise to hear! Sounds like that's going to be more than a little difficult for us... and I would love to get more info. Would you mind sharing how it is that you were able to get direct contact with a Google rep?

GMB Listing help

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Google reps come with ad spend. Otherwise try make contact with the GMB support team. G+ pages used to be generated automatically off a claimed GMB page and when done through API that is still the case. 

G+ as a value provider to local businesses is very questionable. It's mostly a brand channel these days. You should look up the new 'Google Posts' feature as that's really where your locally relevant and brand content should be published!

Best,

Eoghan @ MomentFeed