My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Business Attributes - repeatedly prompted to "resolve updates"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Now that business attributes (amenities, offerings and payments) are available for our grocery retail business locations I am prompted to resolve updates repeatedly for the same 144 locations. Can anyone shed insight as to why, after I have already (twice), resolved these updates, why I continue to be prompted to resolve again, and again.  For example, one of the "amenities" is Gift Wrapping; no we do  not offer gift wrapping in our grocery stores so I have deselected it.  But again today, 144 of our 190 locations are indicating "resolve updates" and sure enough "Gift Wrapping" is one of the amenities present again.  Perhaps I should just remove the new Attributes altogether to avoid more headache, but I wanted to check in here for any information I could gather on this problem.  Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm experiencing the same issue!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Over the course of a few weeks all have resolved.  Patience I guess.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

A very common issue and glad you didn't abandon sending GMB the right attributes! Their algo learns over time and the reason it was raising suggestions (right or wrong) is because their other sources (data aggregators, web crawlers , user suggestions) were pointing it in a different direction at first but your directly submitted feedback eventually 'Trumps' it. :)

I also know attributes are still an early stage product for GMB so naturally, it's not as solid as the rest of the older areas of platform yet and there will always be bugs along the way. When it comes to GMB updates, best practice is to always stay on top of them and leverage bulk management tools where you can to make that efficient (not sure how easy that is natively but can be done w/ 3rd party solutions plugged in via API).

Bottom line w/ GMB: More Data = More value for Google users which leads them to using Google products more = Heavier weighting for businesses sending the extra data over so keep it up! The vast majority of businesses do not actively manage GMB as much as you do.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here, even after resolving the updates repeatedly, they keep showing up.
Can we deactivate this? Obviously it's people that have never been to these locations. FACT!

Just people trying to up their Local Guides numbers.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You are probably right that many of these updates are from local guide feedback, but Google only asks for feedback on businesses you've reviewed, not just randomly. That doesn't mean that those users know everything about your business however and could be pushing bad info.

The best practice is to double check (indicating you DO NOT offer) the attributes that are flat wrong. Single Check off ones that are right and don't leave any in the middle ground (the way you found them) as those are the most ripe for updates being that you have not confirmed nor denied them in essence, so Google's looking for more info on those Attributes. 

Either way there really is no reason (or option) to de-activate it. Just stay patient and keep resolving them. The attributes are only going to become more and more important as a diversification standpoint for your listing as it provides details that would otherwise be very hard to feed to Google. I'm not sure what industry you are in but we manage a lot of restaurants and they can on average have about 50 attributes available for each location whereas others only have a handful or none at all (yet). Just make sure everything is as up to date as possible and don't ignore it... eventually Google will improve this feature (it is brand new) so that the algorithm doesn't send you an update every time a user conflicts the information you provided, so long as you've done the work to resolve them.