5.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Email notifications not coming through

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I manage a few hundred locations and am trying to get email notifications of reviews to come through. I have made sure the admin email is the manager (and tested alternatives) and made sure notifications are turned on in settings, but despite all indications that notifications should be arriving, they are not.

I have talked to support three times but they do not seem to be able to troubleshoot and will only give me generic instructions about how to make sure email notifications are turned on in my settings. This is not the problem.

Does anyone else know what might be going on? Perhaps the emails are getting stuck in the firewall--what is the email address I should whitelist? Any information helps at this point.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to escalate an issue? Upon asking, the last representative last told me that they do not do escalations. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Colan (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: Email notifications not coming through

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shannah, just wanted to pipe in to say that you're not alone. I'm having the exact same problem as you. I'm managing over a hundred locations and the reviews notifications just aren't appearing in the email inbox, even though the settings should be turned on properly. I tried inputting the admin email again and again, I also tried using different email addresses, but I still don't receive the notifications. I have talked to support multiple times, but they haven't been able to resolve or escalate the issue for me either.

I don't have a lot of helpful feedback since I haven't been able to resolve the issue either. However, I have two suggestions:

1.) Definitely check whether you accidentally unsubscribed from google-my-business-noreply@google.com (like I have!) It's possible you may have filtered some of the email notifications coming from Google.

2.) In the past week, I actually started receiving a few reviews notifications for a few of my locations - but not all of them. I can't figure out why though? Maybe this issue is only happening for some of the locations, not all of them...

View solution in original post

All Replies

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Shannah Pittman Review notifications are only sent to the "Owner" account e-mail. Is that what you are using? Sounds like you said "manger" account. 

Colan Nielsen
Google My Business Top Contributor, Google MapMaker Regional Lead (USA)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Colan,

Yes, I am using the email that all the locations are verified under.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Colan (Top Contributor)
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shannah, just wanted to pipe in to say that you're not alone. I'm having the exact same problem as you. I'm managing over a hundred locations and the reviews notifications just aren't appearing in the email inbox, even though the settings should be turned on properly. I tried inputting the admin email again and again, I also tried using different email addresses, but I still don't receive the notifications. I have talked to support multiple times, but they haven't been able to resolve or escalate the issue for me either.

I don't have a lot of helpful feedback since I haven't been able to resolve the issue either. However, I have two suggestions:

1.) Definitely check whether you accidentally unsubscribed from google-my-business-noreply@google.com (like I have!) It's possible you may have filtered some of the email notifications coming from Google.

2.) In the past week, I actually started receiving a few reviews notifications for a few of my locations - but not all of them. I can't figure out why though? Maybe this issue is only happening for some of the locations, not all of them...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Darb! It's been a challenge but I will try those things and continue working on it until I get those notifications! I'll let you know if and when I do. :)

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have word! Sort of...

For the first time, a support rep told me that they are having issues with review notifications right now and the Google team is working on it! (Its not fixed, granted, but even understanding what is wrong is progress for me!)

To let the team know that you are affected and would like this issue to be prioritized, I was told to send feedback. Below are the (edited) instructions on how to let them know you are affected and (im)patiently waiting for a solution.

1. Type your business name in Google search.
2. Scroll your mouse to the bottom of the page.
3. You can see there is a option send feedback.
4. Type in that box stating that you are not receiving the review notifications. (Add your own commentary to emphasize priority and urgency as you see fit.)
5. Then Submit.

Please send them feedback if this issue is impacting you! It will help all of us!

:)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any updates? I just followed your suggestions. Thank you!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Weirdly I got one or two random notifications, but I am still not getting all of them. Still a huge problem. I would rather Google remove the entire feature than keep it without business owners being able to respond to and engage their communities.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can you help me with you tube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Shannah,

I feel your pain I manage all of our location pages and a Google support rep suggested when I took them all over that I go through the bulk verify option for our locations.  I did that process with his help and then found out 6 months later that because of this I lost notifications for reviews.  It took me multiple support chats, emails, phone calls but ultimately I was told that "Bulk verified accounts don't receive review notifications, that'd be why you're not getting notifications about reviews. All your listings are working properly, so it's strange that you are getting reviews to some and not others."  When I asked if Google planned on fixing this flaw this was the response: "I haven't gotten word if Google will be implementing that soon. I agree it would be a wise decision. I will suggest it to my superiors and you can suggest it through the feedback option of your Google My Business dashboard."  So please everyone go and let Google know we need this fixed!

Experts in the Topic
Colan