My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Email notification for multiple email addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am hoping to gain some clarity on an issue that is incredibly frustrating.  I currently own 51 car wash locations across the country that are marketed under the names Simoniz Car Wash, Sparkling Image Car Wash, Eager Beaver Car Wash & a few one-off brands.  Our parent company is named Wash Depot Holdings.  I was able to acquire all 51 locations and currently manage them under one email address.

Since our company is so large, we want to have several individuals throughout the company receive email alerts when our business locations receive new reviews.  These individuals can vary based on which region has a new review coming in.  It seems that Google My Business makes this nearly impossible.  I have tried to work with reps from Live Chat on multiple occasions and have had certain reps send me false information about "solutions" for my problem.  A specific rep, Tiffany W, told me I could create business accounts, add "managers" per business accounts & those "managers" would receive email alerts every time a new review is posted to a location within the business account.  I had another rep named "Christopher" tell me this morning that information is false & the only way anyone besides the owner can receive email alerts is if I use email forwarding within my gmail account, but this would not solve my issue since each location has varying email addresses.

I find it hard to believe that Google My Business doesn't have a solution for a business owner wanting multiple people to receive email alerts when new reviews are posted.

Can someone please help me with my issue?

Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Email notification for multiple email addresses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
believe it or not:

only the page owner gets notifications..
You are free to transfer the ownership of pages to other persons
or to forward notifications to them

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Helmut -

Thanks for responding so quickly. Can you forward notifications to more than one email address? If so, any chance you can provide a link to show me how?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

as far I know the page owner gets the notification per an email at the mail account controlling the GMB page.

Once oyu received the notification mail you can forward it to whom ever through the forwarding option of your mail service. This used to be is able to forward a mail to several specified destinations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Simoniz,

We have a similar situation. Have you been able to find a resolution? One of our ideas was to create a Group and then have notifications sent to the Group, which contains all the individuals who would need to be included per location.

By the way, I'm in Florida and use your car wash services often. Thanks for keeping us clean!

Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Simoniz,

Not sure if you have found a solution, but I might have something that will help. Download the Google My Business app on your iPhone or Android phone. Sign in using the email address you have associated with your pages and then make sure that your Notifications are turned on. Any User that you would like to receive push notifications will need to have Manager Permission levels on the page.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Mike,

First of all, thank you for being a loyal customer! We appreciate your business. Any way you could send me a link to info about the "group" approach your business is using?

What we ended up doing is I have an automatic email forward to my office email address and then I forward all incoming reviews to our regional managers. We have one central login for the company so people use that to login and respond to reviews.

Hope this helps and thanks for reaching out!

Sent from my iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this idea! Sorry I saw this email second to the one I just replied to.

Sent from my iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Simoniz,

Hope this works out for your teams. Seems to be working for us so far (only a few days in)!

Take care.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you using the Outlook Group idea and/or the Google My Business App push notifications? What have you learned from both? I need to do this for 60 locations. Thank you!