My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Email notification for Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On our Google Business Account I have the "Communications Manager" role assigned. When a new review came in I did not receive an email notification, only the "Primary Owner" role received it. Is there another role that would allow me to receive the email notifications?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! It seems like we still don't consistently receive email notifications, regardless of role. In the past year we've only received 15 notification emails but we have many more reviews than that. As a work around I check each location (we have 150+) to see if any new reviews have come in each month. I've checked the notification settings and all locations are set to send an email. Do you have any insight?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Notifications from GMB are still in testing and the delivery of them is very inconsistent. 

A few 3rd party tools come with an email alerts system which can tell you when you get a new review generally, when one comes in with a certain star rating or when one comes in mentioning a certain keyword. It's handy if your business prioritizes certain aspects of customer care over others. eg. account issues get immediately escalated while general feedback is gotten to on a weekly basis. They can also come with aggregated reporting so across your 150+ locations, you can see your best rated, average ratings on Google (+FB + Yelp if you like) and top mentioned keywords. 

All the best, 

Eoghan @ MomentFeed