My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Email alerts for Google Business reviews not opening on review page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We manage 33 Google My Business pages for a multi unit business on one dashboard. I receive email alerts when someone posts a review on one of our pages. Typically, I can click on the blue button that says Read Review and it will take me to the exact page where the review has been posted. Recently, when I receive a review alert, clicking the blue button forces me to log into my Google account again ( I am already logged in) and takes me to the dashboard with all locations - not the individual page where the review has been posted. This means to find the review in question and respond, I would have to open the reviews on every page until I find this review!

Further, in the dashboard each location has been set up with a Store Code which names the location. Showing this in the email alert would alleviate the problem, although not as efficient as clicking the blue button and being taken directly to the correct page. I have thoroughly reviewed the From and Subject in the email and there is no indication of the location referenced.

Tearing my hair out over this, hope someone can help!

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elizabeth C
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For anyone who may be having the same issue, I have managed to speak with Google My Business support and they have informed me there is an issue with the way email alerts for reviews are functioning. The tech team is working on it and they asked for patience while they fix this temporary glitch. They were very helpful and spent considerable time helping me. 

View solution in original post

Re: Email alerts for Google Business reviews not opening on review page

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

will forward your concerns to Google

for my own reference only:

about Email alerts for Google Business locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am still having this issue. I am getting reviews for our locations but can't find them in my dashboard without wading through 30+ locations. What has happened? Previously I could go directly to the corresponding GMB page. I have about 5 or 6 reviews that need a response but I don't have the time to find them. Please HELP!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I definetivly have no time either to figure out your  listings  having reviews.

The notification mail should tell you to what listing they belong to - linking the listing

If such mails have a lack to show such information provide here the full mail (quoting it)   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What a strange reply. I am not asking you to take time to "figure out my listings having reviews"! I am trying to reach someone in Google who can help me with this issue that started a few weeks ago. Previously the review alerts would open on the correct page. Now they don't and I have no way of knowing what page the reviewer is referring to. And no, the location is not identified in the email. How do I contact Google? That is my real question. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

What a strange reply on my response to you - indeed.

However this forum is based on volunteers helping users.

You can't expect getting Googler answering here.

And as a good advice:

Be more patient and polite please

Accepted by topic author Elizabeth C
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For anyone who may be having the same issue, I have managed to speak with Google My Business support and they have informed me there is an issue with the way email alerts for reviews are functioning. The tech team is working on it and they asked for patience while they fix this temporary glitch. They were very helpful and spent considerable time helping me. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am experiencing the same issue. I now am not receiving alerts for new reviews. We have over 100 locations and we try to reach out to each negative reviewer. This new 'update' has made it impossible to do so.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alicia,

I understand your pain! We do the same as you, respond to all reviews and this makes it very difficult. Try calling GMB support and starting a ticket. Since I did so they have been in regular contact about this issue. If you are having trouble finding phone support, click the 3 lines in the upper left of your GMB dashboard, click Support and then send them your phone number to call back. Although it was good to post here so others can see they are not alone, no one seemed to be aware of this issue or a solution. 

Good luck!

Elizabeth