My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Editing locations (+100) through template

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a simple way to edit the verificated my business locations? We are working with the spreadsheet and as it are more then +100 locations we would like to edit in the template instead of on my business page itself. But it looks like when I reupdate the spreadsheet it is making duplicates..

Does someone knows the best practices for large companies?

Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you send an example of what you see in your dashboard? This will help to see what happened. 

For future reference, stick to this guide here on bulk uploads: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3217744?hl=en

For more specific detail on 'bulk edits' to 'bulk accounts' this may be useful. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4577733

Let me know how it goes, the next step is to get support on the phone.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Remember to download and upload consistent GMB IDs - if Google doesn't see them, it thinks you're giving it new locations.

You're in the right area working with support but for enterprise needs and with your opportunity across +50 locations, it's not great. Your file may be formatted weird, have you tried making sure all columns are formatted as 'general text'? That may be tripping up the validator on their side.

There are 3rd party vendors who can help either as the platform you use to do your GMB work (at a higher rate of efficiency across data, review and content management than going native) and due to the fact they represent hundreds of clients and thousands of locations to Google, get a higher level of support when weird issues like this crop up.