My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate location, not a duplicate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we have 2 main locations for Henley business school in the UK, which I have recently been tranfering ownbership to 1 Google account, but Google has decided that the 'Reading' location is a duplicate, but it has a diffrent address/ postcode,  so don't understand why it's done this? please help....

thanks, Nick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi

Without the following information we can not assist you:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address - for both locations

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Often, this is because there is another listing out there for the "duplicate" - one that you don't own.  We spent a lot of effort trying to further differentiate our listings, before realizing they weren't the two things Google couldn't differentiate. 

Try doing a few searches and see if you can find one.  If there is one, take ownership and close it.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya

the fully Business name is 'Henley Business School'

Location 1 that is working is: 

Greenlands
Henley-on-Thames
Oxfordshire
RG9 3AU

(https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Henley+Business+School/@51.5631112,-0.8847266,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!... )

Location 2 that has been flagged as a duplicate is:

Henley Business School
University of Reading
Whiteknights
Reading
RG6 6UD

It seems to have doine this because I moved the 2nd location to one google account?

thank you,

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scott, thanks for your reply, there is only 2 places lisyted for Henley Business School in the UK, 1 in Reading and 1 in Henley, this happened when i moved the Reading location (Whiteknights campus) onto the same google account as the Greenlands campus in Henley?