My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Listings... ghost listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a partner with GYBO.com but I am trying to get my business listing cleaned up before I help other businesses with theirs.  When I go to gybo.com/business my business does not show up.  It used to have duplicate listings.  I have finally have those deleted.  When I go to google.com/business I can get to my business and manage it.  I can make any changes that I need to and it works fine.  It has reviews and all of the content that I have added.  Here is a link to my Google+ page.  https://plus.google.com/116865190278560904939/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en&_ga=1.174251170.1895252864.1438...

When I Google my business with my mailing address city/state, Wyoming, MN, I get an incomplete page that does not have reviews.  If I Google my business with my physical address city/state I get the complete/verified listing for my business.  At one point I was able to get this listing that does show 2 listings.  https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=gavia%2C+inc.+wyoming%2C+mn I "provide services to my customers at their location"  And that box is checked on the completed profile.  I have entered in Zip Codes for my service area.

It could be confusing to people.  How do I clean this up?  I am going to claim this listing, verify it and delete it.  Is that the right way to go about this?  Thank you for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daree S
January 2016

Re: Duplicate Listings... ghost listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Daree S

I see two listings:

an unverified one: plus.google.com/117018449858974146000

and a verified page: plus.google.com/116865190278560904939

Both are SAB businesses.

I don't see any incomplete or "ghost" page (but oyu might refer to the unverified page)

To get rid of the unverified page I recommend contacting business support and providing them the URL of the unverified page asking to merge it with your genuine verified page.

The best way to contact support: 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daree S
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Daree S

I see two listings:

an unverified one: plus.google.com/117018449858974146000

and a verified page: plus.google.com/116865190278560904939

Both are SAB businesses.

I don't see any incomplete or "ghost" page (but oyu might refer to the unverified page)

To get rid of the unverified page I recommend contacting business support and providing them the URL of the unverified page asking to merge it with your genuine verified page.

The best way to contact support: 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok... Then what is this listing. This is the one that shows up in my Dashboard for Gavia, Inc. It has reviews attached to it and says verified. business.google.com/u/0/b/116865190278560904939

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
this one is plus.google.com/116865190278560904939 and its a verified (claimed) Service Area business with hidden address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am really trying to understand all of this and I feel like I am getting even more confused. Here is what I have found...

1) business.google.com/b/106707644623612339398
Claimed on 1/13/2016
Incomplete. No reviews. This is the page that comes up if I just straight Google my business category in Google Search. The verified listing 2) does not show up.

2) business.google.com/b/116865190278560904939
Verified and complete with reviews. In Dashboard

3) https://plus.google.com/b/116865190278560904939
This seems to be connected to #2). This makes sense.

4) plus.google.com/117018449858974146000
Google+ Page
Partially complete. No reviews.

It seems that those numbers after the .com are identifiers. Can I delete #1 and 4. I have done this before and then somehow they seem to come back. At least with #1. Suggestions? Thank you for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same phenomenon is going on for our business. I contacted business support as Helmut suggested 3 times this week, and they did eliminate 2 of our ghost listings, but 2 remain on google maps and my accurate Google+ page is not on google maps at all as yet -- replaced by these "ghost" duplicate listings. HELP.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

sorry @Daree S

your 1# might be claimed / verified on your dashboard but it isn't tied to GMaps (I bet you see on your dashboard a warning banner regarding this)

There are in fact at least three pages with the same name and all have the same phone number and are Service Area  businesses with hidden addresses. I consider it SPAM!

Gavia, Inc. - About - Google+

https://plus.google.com/117018449858974146000/about

Gavia, Inc. hasn't shared anything on this page with you. ... Wyoming, MN ... Service/Support; On-site & remote, repair and troubleshooting; Smartphone/mobile ...

Gavia, Inc. - About - Google+

https://plus.google.com/116865190278560904939/about

Gavia, Inc. - Gavia, Inc. specializes in prompt, onsite computer service for your home or ... Service/Support - On-site & remote, repair and. ... Wyoming, MN.

Gavia Inc - About - Google+

https://plus.google.com/109293068973328829446/about?hl=en
Gavia Inc hasn't shared anything on this page with you. ... Gavia Inc. 19430 W Tri Oak Cir NE Wyoming, MN 55092. (651) 434-0848. gaviainc.com. Computer ...