My Business
965 members online now
965 members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Business Listing - Wish to transfer ownership from an account which no longer exists.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I wish to gain access/ownership to a Google Business Listing (URL below) which I made years ago on an account which no longer seems to exist. 

I tried verifying my business again and have ended up with a duplicate listing and am further forward with gaining access to the original business listing.

Google has a procedure to contact the owner and arrange to transfer the listing, however since I am the owner, this won't do any good because the original account doesn't seem to exists anymore.

Please assist!

Thanks!

Business Name: Little Brown Doggie

West Cornforth, Co. Durham, DL17 9JL

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Little+Brown+Doggie,+Dog+Walking+%26+Pet+Sitting+for+the+South+D...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Duplicate Business Listing - Wish to transfer ownership from an account which no longer exists.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please go through the process to request ownership. After a week of no response, the listing will become available for you to verify it. Once you verify it, the location will be removed from the old, inaccessible account. 

See Mike's write up of how it should be working.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter