My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google cache images on GMB listings (or GMB listings in general)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am wondering if Google caches/stores on their servers GMB listings and in turn, the photos on those GMB listings. I am asking because a client of mine is in the process of updating their photos that I place on their GMB listings for all of their locations (they have over 10,000) and are needing to know how their photos are served on Google because that will affect how/where they store the photos on their website.

That being said, I am needing to figure out the following: does Google capture the images on GMB listings, store them on their server, then serve this photo (from the their sever not from the photo URL) after it is cached when a user goes to that same listing? For instance, if I search for Imos Pizza (this is not the client I am referring to I just love Imos pizza) and the location in St. Louis appears, will Google cache that listing and it's photos so the next time I perform that search, Google will show me the listing & photos based on what they cached? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author alyssa w
June

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Google caches a thumbnail for display on search results - and if the visitor selects the "view photos" option, a low-res cached version is shown while the full-res version is requested from the original web server (verified over multiple accounts and reviewing raw web server logs).  

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author alyssa w
June

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Google caches a thumbnail for display on search results - and if the visitor selects the "view photos" option, a low-res cached version is shown while the full-res version is requested from the original web server (verified over multiple accounts and reviewing raw web server logs).