My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Doctor offices with multiple doctors local pages duplicate address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently I have been helping out with a client with their doctor offices local seo. Following guides such as:

http://searchengineland.com/how-to-get-google-my-business-right-for-your-medical-practice-practition...

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

I have created and claim Doctor office's Google My Business page and each doctor's Google My Business page. Following guides to ensure doctor pages are indeed unique in naming. However, Google My Business still list the pages as "duplicated address". 

Am I missing something?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Doctor offices with multiple doctors local pages duplicate address.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jim,

Can you please provide the URLs for your business pages? If some pages are suspended and not showing in Google+ then please provide screenshots of the individual page's dashboard (what you see after clicking 'manage location' in business.google.com/manage)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Thanks for responding, because the nature of our business I can not expose any client information. Could I provide you with the example of my scenario ?

Doctor office :
Marion Pediatrics
123 Smith Street, STE 210
Marion, IN

Phone: 765-555-5656
Category: Pediatrician

Doctor Jones:
Walter H. Jones, MD
123 Smith Street, STE 210
Marion, IN

Phone: 765-555-5656
Category: Pediatrician

The above example is exact scenario of what I'm having with the client but different information. My only guess of Google thinking this is a duplicated address is because phone number and website are the same.

Thanks for your help Priya!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim W
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jim,

Having the same website is not usually a problem, as many businesses have only 1 website but multiple locations. Having the same phone number may be a factor, but not usually in practitioner cases where Google expects people to share phone numbers.

If you've followed the Google guidelines for setting up a practitioner, then I'm sorry I can't help at my end any more if you aren't able to provide the actual details - there are a lot of reasons why a page can get suspended and seeing the exact information can help us troubleshoot a lot more effectively.

I'd recommend speaking with GMB support (https://support.google.com/business/contactflow) to see if they can help at all.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar question but for attorneys.

Does each attorney's listing need to have a different suite number within the building and their own phone number to have a unique Name, Address and Phone Number?

Google is also showing that I have duplicate addresses in my dashboard due to the individual attorney's accounts.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jim W

Are you making sure you are putting separate Suite or Office addresses for each office? Remember, P.O. Boxes are a big NO NO for Google My Business...BUT if you have practitioners in one office building with different suite #'s, you should be ok. What (may) help is placing the pins within Google My Business to different parts of the building so they are not on the same exact latitude/longitude.

Feel free to reply and I'll try to help the best I can.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information, the office suite are definitely not PO Box. The doctors are all in one single office suite So the only separation is the doctor's name. I also notice the duplicate address issue to be solved when I gave a Unique store ID to each location.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @rachel

In a nutshell, the more differentiation you can have between listings will (hopefully) eliminate the duplicate addresses issue you are having. Try different phone numbers (if possible), change the suite numbers or assign an office #, change the pin location to a different lat/long (and keep it in the same building).  I would go in that order of priority.

If all else fails, click below and request a call from someone at GMB support. Hope this helps!

(https://support.google.com/business/contactflow)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric thank you for clarifying, I will do that. I saw someone else post about the store ID helping with issues, has that been helpful in your experience? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Rachel H

Yes that would be helpful, I think the "Store ID" and "Suite #" are essentially the same thing, whatever is most applicable for your firm will work. I take back my statement about starting with phone numbers first, start with the store ID/suite numbers, then if no change, move on to applying different phone numbers which will be a double whammy and should solve your issues.

Good luck!