My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Displaying review text inconsistent between places

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have 60+ places - most of them have reviews. Considering the locations with reviews, when you search for one of our locations using maps.google.com, on the left you see our location information (as entered under Google My Business). This information pane SOMETIMES shows the actual reviews, while sometimes does not, even though all things being equal, the places in question all have the same number of recent comments / ratings.

So my question here is: Why do some location details show the review text in the place information to the left, while some only have a link which loads up a new page to show the reviews? It's not consistent and not fair to some of our locations - when positive reviews show up front, while others you have to click to read.

Here are two examples - both our locations, one showing review text, the other not, both have 5 reviews made within the last couple years, and both sites' reviews are visible when you click on the "5 reviews" link.

WithoutReviews.PNGWIthout ReviewsWithReviews.PNGWith Reviews

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Displaying review text inconsistent between places

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ryan D

My guess is that the one not showing snippets has not been revisited by Googlebot and cached with all 5 reviews. 

If you provide the business page url, I can check

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership