My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Disconnect a brand page from an existing location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

A year or so ago a G+ page was created for company I work for. The issue I have is that this brand page is connected to a specific shop and it should be the overall brand page for all our locations.

Is there a way to "disconnect" the location from this page without losing the followers and the custom URL? We don't have a lot of followers or content on the page so I'm willing to start from scratch and delete the page if need be but would rather another solution if there is one.

If deleting the page and starting over the is best solution would I be able to get the custom url (+abcshop) again?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Disconnect a brand page from an existing location

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

It sounds like you have a google+ local page and are wanting a brand page? Unfortunately, you can not have a page that lists all locations within one. You are also unable to 'delete' a Google+ page, the you can remove your access to the page but the data will still remain on the web for everyone to see. I'm not sure what to recommend at the minute as I am not sure of your purpose to wanting a Brand google+ page? If you could feedback on why and I will try my best to help you out

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

It sounds like you have a google+ local page and are wanting a brand page? Unfortunately, you can not have a page that lists all locations within one. You are also unable to 'delete' a Google+ page, the you can remove your access to the page but the data will still remain on the web for everyone to see. I'm not sure what to recommend at the minute as I am not sure of your purpose to wanting a Brand google+ page? If you could feedback on why and I will try my best to help you out

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Liberty I

Just adding to Ryan's answer - can you please provide the URL of your page, just to confirm the advice provided by Ryan is the most appropriate in your case.

Thanks.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog