My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Create a new post on MGB page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

And a happy new year to you all !

My name is Roxane, I am owner of the French "Gîte de LA TAUPINIERE DU GERS" (lieu-dit CASSAET 32260 MONCORNEIL-GRAZAN  Phone nr = +33(o)9.54.27.12.97), and admin of its GMB.

In order to make my GMB page  more alive, I wanted to create a new post, which I didn't do since a long time ... But nowhere I can find any button "Create post" in the menu ... How do I proceed, then ?

Thanks for helping ;-)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G%C3%AEte+de+LA+TAUPINIERE+DU+GERS/@43.457605,0.6440033,17z/data=!...

http://www.lataupinieredugers.fr

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roxane D
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Roxane D

your listing belongs to the "accomodation" industry.

Any listings of this kind of "accomodation" branches are excludeed from using the posting feature.

Its intended  by Google this way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By the way, I received a GMB report mail, where there are two linked buttons. The one is "Read reviews", and when I click on it, it simply opens a new window where I can read my reviews. The other one is "Create a post", but when I click on that one, it just leads me exactly to the page where I can't find how to actually do that ... Any clue ? Thanks again !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your prompt reply, Helmut !

Ok I accept your explanation, but it seems really weird to me as I remember having posted in the past ...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

you might  have been able in the past to post via a G+ page.
But posting via GMB did not work for accomodation listings 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay I understand. Too bad ;-)

Thanks anyway !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem with our hotel in Vietnam. and now i  understand the reason while we could not create a post on MGB.

Now that i have the problem of writing back a review. After I wrote it and posted a reply, saved it and it is strange to me that the review blank again.

Please advise,

Thank you

Dzung

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@cinnamon h

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried posting an ad after creating it and we keep getting a INTERNAL ERROR at the bottom when you click on PUBLISH.

Anyone know why?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Chris D

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issuem
This should include at the least
1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

6.the content ofthpost in question causing the internalerroe and the size (in KB or MB) and resulution of the photo (as "x"px tall, "y"px wide)

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.