My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Clients from my city can't see us

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ClearView Plumbing and Heating

Address: 4805 32 St SE, Calgary, AB T2B 2X3

This is the strangest thing I have ever encountered. We've been top positions on maps for most relevant keywords for at least 3 years.

calgary plumber - nothing from inside calgary

calgary plumbing - nothing from inside calgary

plumbing calgary - nothing from inside calgary

2-3 weeks ago we stopped seing our business on maps in calgary, however when searching from out of province we're #1 on most keywords. I called Google and they say, they can see our business in calgary top positions(india reps), our clients can't see us when searching from Calgary. Call volume dropped by 70%

Does anybody have any idea or encountered a similar issue before?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Clients from my city can't see us

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Very strange - I'm from the Uk and when I search for 'calgary plumber' I see you #1 in the local pack

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

seconding Ryan

See you (searching with www.google.ca from Germany) too top ranked:

Screenshot 2016-01-28 at 10.49.47.png

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I looked at what Google would have shown for "calgary plumber" if I was within Calgary, and I still saw you at number 1. 

That said, I did see a strange thing about your account, for whatever it's worth. It looked like there was a second, deleted account for your business that used to be at this address:
https://plus.google.com/107907968663249277299/about
That deleted page was still showing as of January 14th though, and it had your phone number, business name, website, etc. The only thing missing was the address... this deleted listing had you at:
Macleod Trail SE Calgary, AB T2J 5N8

Check your rankings now. If you're showing properly again and you weren't yesterday or the day before, it might have been that this duplicate was causing you problems, and it's been removed just in the last day or two. Either way, looks like you're showing fine to me at the moment at least.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.