My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Chain with more than 800 stores (how to handle it)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all. I've a consulting agency focused on Digital Retail. One or our clients have a supermarket chain with more than 800+ stores. They have some cases that the store is in Google but without the ownership, they have cases with ownership and they have cases that the store are not in Google.

In the most cases they don't have the Google My Business access for us to update the address, telephone, etc.

We've some Excel with all stores and each one with the correct information.What is the best way to handle with this case? We have to import to Google all stores in bulk and after merge the stores that are duplicated or there's another way?

I would be grateful for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You need to create a google account for the supermarket and go through bulk verification of the listings. Google will auto merge most or all of them into a single listing to be managed. If there are any that still not merged they can be reported via a Maps edit as a duplicate 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You need to create a google account for the supermarket and go through bulk verification of the listings. Google will auto merge most or all of them into a single listing to be managed. If there are any that still not merged they can be reported via a Maps edit as a duplicate 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mike! I've another question: How does work the bulk verification? I know that I can upload the spreadsheet to create the stores but how could I use this bulk verification? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks Mike! I'll follow the instructions. Best!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marcos,

Once you've gone through the bulk verification process, sounds like you'll be resolving ownership and duplicate conflicts in the account. Doing this 1:1 can be quite the painstaking process unless you're using 3rd parties but totally worth it as it gives you ability to respond to reviews on the listing and see data about the traffic the client's presence on Google is driving (good ROI demonstrator).

Given it's 800 locations and you're doing a lot of creation from scratch or ownership swapping, you'll also likely run into a lot of Google suggestions to manage through. It's important to stay on top of these as the more you can tell Google 'you're on it' the higher confidence they'll have in your account and is a best practice. If you ignore them, some of the changes themselves can go live. Also consider what location data your client's website is displaying as this is a big trigger of GMB suggestions. #consistency

Best of luck with the endeavor, if you'd like to chat more, feel free to add me on LinkedIn.