My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot access the bulk verification form?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am representing MutualBank, a community bank based in Indiana.

Address:

110 E Charles St.
Muncie, IN 47304

Phone:
800-382-8031

Direct line to me: 765-283-0028 

Google + Profile:

https://plus.google.com/+bankwithmutual

Issue:

Most if not all of our locations are in Google Maps / search results (31 locations in total). However, we have not claimed any of them. Rather than claim one location at a time through the verification process, I was under the impression I could bulk verify them.

I am trying to follow the bulk verification instructions on this page at the bottom below the text "To submit your locations for bulk verification":

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4490296?hl=en

I've logged into Google My Business. It is my understanding that I SHOULD NOT upload my bulk spreadsheet with all of my location in it at this time (since the locations are already on Google) and instead request bulk verification.

In step 2 in the bulk verification process, it says click on the verification icon in the top right corner of your dashboard (looks like a shield). However, no such icon for me exists. How do I then access the bulk verification form? Am I correct in at this point I should not upload our bulk spreadsheet? If that is correct, than how do I request bulk verification if I do not have the verification icon to click as instructed?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To clarify, I'm trying to bulk verify locations that already exist, not new locations.

Re: Cannot access the bulk verification form?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@MutualBank M

I'm not that experienced with Bulk verification.

But I have to admit the mentioned HC article https://support.google.com/business/answer/4490296?hl=en seems outdated.

I have in one of my business accounts  (created according https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085339?hl=en) uploaded a bulk file for testing purposes (a while ago) but not yet verified.

Reading your experiences I now tried to follow the mentioned HC article  

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4490296?hl=en and couldn't find any "top right shield Icon Verify iconas per "Click the verification icon Verify icon in the top right corner of your dashboard"

Strange enough

I opened the specific business account and  all locations of my pre-uploaded bulk feed ahve been listed. rightmost of each location a link "get verified"

Ok so far.

Now I just hit one of the links  "get verified" and got this veiw:

Screenshot 2016-10-26 at 15.51.27.png

This looks bit similar as if creating a single location through business.google.com/create but similar only.

Clicking now on "Chain" I get this form to request all shops of the chain:

Screenshot 2016-10-26 at 15.51.40.png

below the other half of the form:

Screenshot 2016-10-26 at 15.58.15.png

Please double check the same steps on your end.

Regarding the apparently outdated HC article I'll notify Google about it.

Please give me a feedback whether or not you was able to request the bulk verification based on my last screenshot (link "REQUEST VERIFICATION")

for my own reference only the escalation link:

about bulk verificatiion and an apparently outdate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! This is very helpful I appreciate it the effort you put into this.

My only caution with proceeding with these steps is the uploading of our 30 locations or so. The issue with this is our locations are already in Google search results. I'm afraid if I upload our location list as you mentioned Google will treat these as new locations and therefore it will create "duplicate" locations in Google.

Do you think this will happen?

What I want to happen is to gain access to our existing locations so I can control our hours and things, not create new locations. Was hoping bulk verification would allow me to verify all of our locations at once instead of verifying each existing listing already, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding the purpose of bulk verification.

Thanks again for your help and let me know your thoughts as to whether uploading a list of our locations will create duplicate locations in Google.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@MutualBank M

As already & frankly said: my own and  practical experience with Buks is pretty restricted

All I can say oyu will  get the entire bulk verified "at once".

I'm not sure what will happen if your bulk contains certain locations and for those locations  there are already verified listings (managed by any one else in their different dashboard).

Should I ask Google about this to get more clearness?

Re: Cannot access the bulk verification form?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@MutualBank M

I got "two" words back:

1# at first regarding the apparently outdated HC article: 

Google internally escalted it to the person in duty so I hope it gets updated soon - but I don't have an ETA

2# uploading a file which contains locations being already verified will not make a big problem.

YOu will get for those locations a note bu the GMB bulk software and have to apply the normal procedure to get the ownership transferred