My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Can You Delete Duplicate Listings Without Marking as Permanently Closed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I've recently taken over managing our company's local listings. We were finding some odd listings when searching for our locations that included improper photos and out-of-date information when we searched in Google. The listings had our business name and the addresses were correct, but were not listings that we, anytime recently, recall creating (unless somebody, at another time in the company, created at an earlier date).  I managed to verify and claim these as our own successfully; however, these locations are still showing in Google's SERPs over our legitimate listings.

Is there a way to delete these duplicate listings without marking them as permanently closed? The locations are NOT closed, but these listings are incorrect in the information they present. Or, do I have to contact Google My Business Support to merge these incorrect listings with the correct listing?

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Many, many thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can You Delete Duplicate Listings Without Marking as Permanently Closed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
the question what you consider as "duplicates"

Many user consider as duplicate pages or G+ stuff not even being GoogleMyBusiness listings.

I therefore request you to provide concrete informantion about what you consider as duplictae and promise you then to provide you according advise;

Please include the following with your question per address of a location and for all duplicates of listings for each location:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Re: Can You Delete Duplicate Listings Without Marking as Permanently Closed?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Anna S

Firstly you do not want the duplicate claimed / verified in your account >> delete them from account.

The contact business support and ask them to Move / Merge the duplicates with the Verified matching business:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Verified: xyz example URL

Duplicate xyz 1: URL

Duplicate  xyz 2: URL

Verified: abc example URL

Duplicate abc 1: URL

Duplicate abc 2: URL

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership