My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Business with multiple home-based workers who travel to client locations to provide services

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The OT Centre

Business Registered Address: Berllan Court, 21 Orchard St, Llandovery, Carms SA20 0DG

01550 537 537

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+OT+Centre/@51.9564973,-3.590487,8z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x5c0...

www.theotcentre.co.uk

The OT Centre provides Occupational Therapy Services for people with acquired or traumatic brain injury in the community. This means that all of our Occupational Therapists are based at their home locations (and *not* The OT Centre's Registered Business Address) and travel from their home to meet with and treat the clients *at the client location* (which may be a care home or their own residence).

As you can see, we currently have a Google My Business listing which is configured as follows;

1. "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" = YES

2. "My business delivers goods & services to customers within this area:" = (list of postcode areas which each of our Occupational Therapists can serve)

So far so good, and this model seems to have served us well, except we are expanding our team and therefore extending our reach into new areas but we have reached the limit of the number of postcode areas we can add to (2) above.

How do we handle this without destroying the current effectiveness of our Google My Business listing in terms of search returns.

Many thanks for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business with multiple home-based workers who travel to client locations to provide services

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You used to be able to add a radius around a location - do you see an option for that? 

Note that as the business listing reach grows, it is unlikely that the location listing will be the best way to get visibility in search. You'll want to concentrate your efforts to other organic channels. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for picking this up, much appreciated.

At the time we set this up, the consensus seemed to be that 'radius' wasn't any where near as effective as postcode geography.

Our initial tests at the time *seemed* to bear this out so I'm nervous about switching to a radius model but at the same time are kind of stuck.

The Places model seems clunky. A Service Business can have multiple locations or 'bases' and as such can serve geographical communities in and around those bases. It's this we somehow need to model?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not trying to imply this is what you should do, but I've seen other businesses that want to have a presence in a new geography make the investment in office locations. That way, they have a physical location they can use to target locally.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter