My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Business Hours keep getting changed to Closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Leisure Fitness Equipment

2. We have 27 locations (w/ many more coming) our Corporate HQ Address is 231 EXECUTIVE DR STE 15 NEWARK, DE 19702

3. 302-224-5024 - My Desk line (Tyler Bastianelli - Manages GMB Account)

3. https://plus.google.com/+LeisurefitnessEquipment  (Brand Account)

Within our Google My Business Locations (currently 27) there are store hours listed for each store and every weekend a large number of them get changed by Google to 'Closed'. 

We are a specialty fitness equipment and billiards retailer and the weekends are our biggest selling days & the fact that every weekend for the past 4-6 weekends have been marked closed on Sundays is a major problem.

I have reached out and exchanged emails with a GMB representative of some sort but was not provided any help with this issue.  He just told me to email him if the issue happens again, and then it has happened another 5 times or so (every weekend).

I have verified and confirmed ownership of all the locations - is it possible for Google to lock the store hours and only let me change the hours when needed through the GMB Login - webstore@leisurefitness.com - ? 

Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

to say it clearly:

there is no option to lock or block any GoogleMyBusiness location from getting "suggestions" for the location.

But it should be hard to suggest an edit for the average user if your locations are verified locations.

I can't see from your post whether or not the affeected edits refer to verified locations or not.

In this regard your post is too sparse and non specifically.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut below is correct. Listings won't lock but you can influence Google if you present a consistent store presence to it. Google often flags 'suggestions' or 'closes' locations because it's seeing that location closed due to:

- Direct user suggestions

- Listing is marked as closed on other influential sites (Yelp, Trip Advisor etc.)

- 3rd party databases they license are showing inconsistency between your direct GMB upload and them 

- Via their crawler (if your hours are not listing on your website or worse, they are wrong - this is a big cause of repeated suggestions).

Issues you are facing are very common for multi-location brands. I'd suggest if you have the means and given Google is likely diverting traffic away from your business by flagging you as closed on one of your busiest trading days, it's worth the investment in a focused 3rd party tool or service in this area which will probably not only sort this issue, but also help you see what value your business is getting from your presence on Google. You can find me on LinkedIn to chat more if you like about good options out there.  

Surprised GMB support can't help you in this area as they do with our clients. Maybe try find a different rep to work with as we've found their answers to be inconsistent sometimes!