My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Upload Listings - Hiding Address

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I was told by many pros about 2 months ago that there's no way to currently bulk upload to GMB and hide addresses.

Then, today, I got an email from Google support saying "As per your request in regards to your Google+ page bulk upload, we are happy to inform that the you can hide the address for the bulk upload." Of course, she didn't leave any hint on how to do it exactly but is she correct? Can you now hide addresses in bulk upload for SAB's?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk Upload Listings - Hiding Address

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To the best of my knowledge, Service Area Businesses with address hidden had to be manually verified and could not be verified via bulk. Can you give me a case number of the email so that I can 1)elevate it with Google and 2)see if the information that you received is accurate (which I think is not).

Here is a quite clear statement from their help files indicating that the person answering your query was wrong https://support.google.com/business/answer/4490296?hl=en

Screenshot 2016-02-29 13.34.16.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Mike,

I appreciate you replying back.

I think this is this case number? 5-0992000009822

Yes, I thought they were wrong as well. It's hard to tell with Google support these days. They go against conventional wisdom all the time and more than often they seem to be completely wrong.

I hope they're correct this time though :)

Do you think they'll offer bulk SAB soon? And why don't they currently?

Also, what would be your advice for an SAB with 500+ locations to get all of their locations on Google?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
SABs have been the biggest pain point for spam so in the past when I have asked that question they said: never.

I will run the case up the flag pole.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Mike!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
According the community manager you need addresses to get the bulk upload of the listings approved but you can then go in and hide the address after it has been approved.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Mike, thanks for following up.

We have addresses so that shouldn't be a problem.

Is the hide address option available in mass or would we have to do each one individually?

Also, how much do you trust this? It seems like one Google support rep tells you one thing and then another says something else. What do you think? Do you feel like this will work if we try it?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I double and triple checked with the Community Manager. So at the moment, it is the best advice.

I do not see any automated way to do this.