My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Listing edits don't work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been working to actively manage out 160+ locations on Google but the bulk edit tools do not work for accepting/rejecting changes.   When we try the bulk spreadsheet the edits this causes duplications in Google My Business.  That is partially because Excel deletes numerical numbers for our stores and for example truncates 001 to 1 and the re-upload causes a new location to be created.  Unfortunately this is how our stores are numbered both publicly and in all our other systems.

Does anyone know of a work around or why the bulk edit feature is either a) not functioning correctly or b) is there a hidden setting that needs to be adjust for each location to enable that feature?  We are the owners of the store in Google My Business and can edit each one individually, the pain for us is having to do this one by one for every edit!

Alternatively does anyone know of any 3rd party software they have used and would recommend to help manage this more efficiently?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you tried changing settings in excel or using Google sheets to make it not truncate the 00's? 

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/1778-excel-delete-keep-leading-zeros.html

We have store codes like 001, 002, 003 for our 100+ location accounts and have not seen that as an issue in GMB.... and you definitely need to make sure that the store codes are mapped the same in the spreadsheet as they are in GMB. 

So if you want to keep the leading zeros in Excel, you just need to format the cells as Text formatting before you type the data.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Eoghan G

this is self promotion and will archived by moderator