My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Broker name written in the agency's GMB profile

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Here I am seeking your help once again in order to try to make things fair for everyone inour business. 

Here is the situation, as a mortgage broker I work in an agency that is serving the whole province. The province is seperated in many regions where there are corporate offices where many brokers work.

All the brokers are responsible to promote their own business but the corporate offices are responsible to distributes the business equally throughout the brokers working for them.

The problem is that the GMB name for the corporate office has one of the brokers name included in it wich is causing clients to ask for him directly even if they are not his clients. This issue was raised by every brokers but the broker that is benefiting from this error is saying that the listing is not his and nobody knows how to deal with this. Is there something that can be done. Can the name be corrected at the least.

Here is the info:

Real business name: Multi-Prêts Hypothèques Agence Hypothécaire

Current GMB name : Multi-Prêts Hypothèques agence hypothécaire Broker Jerôme Clément

Address : 251 Boul. Saint-Joseph, Gatineau(Qc), J8Y 3X5

Telephone : 819-775-2590

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Multi-Pr%C3%AAts+Hypoth%C3%A8ques+Agence+Hypoth%C3%A9caire+Broker+J...

Thank you in advance for your help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steeve H
January 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Just to give a quick update. Finally after discussing with everyone in the office and bringing it up to the office director, the listing is now is called 'Multi-Prêts Hypothèques - Agence Hypothécaire Gatineau'  which is a name that is correct since no broker name is appended to it. I still dont know who is the owner of the listing but will keep an eye on it once in a while.

There is still the fact that the listing is listed as a Mortgage broker and not an agency but that is not too important since it does'nt give an unfair advantage to one of the brokers.

Thank you every one for your help

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Steeve H

I don't understand your concern.

The listing in question is't for the Agency but is categorized as "mortage broker" and actually I can't see why you complain about 

the listing for Jerome Clement

http://maps.google.ca/?cid=9201092850573372863 

but seem not complaining about the listing for Benoit Perrier

http://maps.google.ca/?cid=2728064767636000368

or Thierry Vicente 

http://maps.google.ca/?cid=15012573590908024584

or some others - coming all in the same manner as teh one for Jerome.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I would recommend that you go to the owner of the business/broker company and have him/her change the name of the business. According to Google's Google My Business terms and conditions, the name of the business needs to be the EXACT name of the business -- which means you can't add keywords or other words to your business name. In your situation each individual should then set up their own Google My Business page and YOUR business name would be your real name.

Hope this helps!

Sherry Bonelli

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

I understand that this can be confusing. The concern is that this listing is not Jérome Clément's Listing but the regional office listing with Jérôme Clément's name added to it. The Phone number is not Jérome Clément's phone number, but the regional office phone number and this is not a mortgage broker listing and rather a mortgage agency or financial institution listiing .

I have no problem with Jérôme Clément having a listing or any other broker but the regional office name can not have the name of one broker added to it because it is the point of contact for many new clients and having them thinking it's a particular broker is not fair in my opinion.

Is there some kind of verification that can be done to clear that out

Since nobody seems to be the owner of this listing (Jérôme Clément himself is saying he does not have access to update this listing) ??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Sherry Bonelli

Actually, nobody seems to be the owner of the listing or the owner is claiming not to be the owner because it's benefiting him and does not want to change it.

That is why I am here I just want this listing to display correct information. Or is there a way of knowing who is the owner?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Steeve H

why can't Jérôme Clément's request the ownership of his listing through "Someone else verified my business "

?

Btw what is the correct phone number of broker Jérôme Clément's?

Is there a website showing his phone as broker of "multi prets hypotheques"?

An other point would be the duty of the office owner of "Multi-Prets hypotheques"

They also should be interested to have their site BESIDE of the listing of Jerome

Accepted by topic author Steeve H
January 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Just to give a quick update. Finally after discussing with everyone in the office and bringing it up to the office director, the listing is now is called 'Multi-Prêts Hypothèques - Agence Hypothécaire Gatineau'  which is a name that is correct since no broker name is appended to it. I still dont know who is the owner of the listing but will keep an eye on it once in a while.

There is still the fact that the listing is listed as a Mortgage broker and not an agency but that is not too important since it does'nt give an unfair advantage to one of the brokers.

Re: Broker name written in the agency's GMB profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Steeve H wrote:

Hi everyone,