My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Brand Page with Multiple Locations w/ Duplicating YouTube Videos

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Fear of Duplicating YouTube Video on Multiple Locations 

Example: Chiropractor

2 Locations

2 Local Business Pages 

2 YouTube Channels for the Business Page

This, doctor just expanded his practice, and is looking to add more locations in the future..

Many of the Videos are Specific to each location however some of the more generic topics like what is chiropractic 

In order to get the Video on the Location Page, it must be uploaded to the YouTube Channel, in this case if I was to Upload the same video already doing well in the first channel .. Will I get a Penalty for Uploading the Same Video to the other Location ?

Some have suggested create another video targeted with a different intro and exit for that location however with Video Meta Data as well Video Transcript would still be the same, and getting stuck in a filter..

Any Suggestions ? Thx in advance 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tim Capper (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Brand Page with Multiple Locations w/ Duplicating YouTube Videos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi williamrock,

Personally, I wouldn't worry that much about getting the videos on the Page's Videos/YouTube tab - I'm not sure how may people actually view that. I'm not sure about videos displaying with the Local page's listing in Google Maps.

If it is all one business, they could use one YouTube channel. Then the individual Local Page for a location could then share the video for their location as a Google+ Post. That also gives better control over which videos are highlighted, as the Video/YouTube tab just shows the most recent uploads in chronological order.

If there were one general business page-linked YouTube channel, the channel could have a separate playlist for each location.

But to answer your question, if you want people to find the videos in search, I would think having substantially identical videos on different channels could make them compete with each other in the search results.

There isn't any YouTube policy that says you can't upload the same video to different channels. And you can even upload videos that are mostly the same to the same channel, as long as they aren't completely identical.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tim Capper (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi williamrock,

Personally, I wouldn't worry that much about getting the videos on the Page's Videos/YouTube tab - I'm not sure how may people actually view that. I'm not sure about videos displaying with the Local page's listing in Google Maps.

If it is all one business, they could use one YouTube channel. Then the individual Local Page for a location could then share the video for their location as a Google+ Post. That also gives better control over which videos are highlighted, as the Video/YouTube tab just shows the most recent uploads in chronological order.

If there were one general business page-linked YouTube channel, the channel could have a separate playlist for each location.

But to answer your question, if you want people to find the videos in search, I would think having substantially identical videos on different channels could make them compete with each other in the search results.

There isn't any YouTube policy that says you can't upload the same video to different channels. And you can even upload videos that are mostly the same to the same channel, as long as they aren't completely identical.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Sorry for the delayed Response :) Thank You for your Answer Yes, that is what I was hoping you would say about finding them in search ..
That is the issue I am having as Each Location is really its own .. To get a video to show up under the videos section for that business location within Google My Business as well each location has it's own YouTube Channel so in this case yes it would be duplicate ..

and we don't want to risk the traffic those are getting ... This helps me better explain to the agency how to better address this situation :)

Thank You