My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Best hierarchy to use when setting up multiple business locations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I've tried to get support from Google on this through the Google My Business support but failed. I'm posting here to see if any others can help.

This business has a head office and multiple locations throughout the UK.

When logging into the Google My Business manager I see a main account on the left hand side of the screen and a business manager account for locations next to it, on the right hand side. The main account on the left can be added as a location separately to the business manager on the right.

My question is this. Do I add all the businesses' locations into the business manager, including the head office and manage there. Or do I set-up the head office on it's own in the holding account on the left and just the sub locations on the right through the business manager. Or do I do both and duplicate the head office information into the right hand side business manager account? I feel the set-up here is slightly confusing and not explained properly. 

I want to set this up properly to avoid any issues with local data appearing at a later point....

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Best hierarchy to use when setting up multiple business locations?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Michael M

I'm not quit sure what you refer as "logging into the Google My Business manager".
Supposing this is business.google.com/manage you can add and manage there brand pages as well as locations.

Each location of your business (including the main office) can have its own page.

You can (and should) create for each location a separate page through business.google.com/create.

If there are more questions to answer don't hesitate to ask.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Michael M

I'm not quit sure what you refer as "logging into the Google My Business manager".
Supposing this is business.google.com/manage you can add and manage there brand pages as well as locations.

Each location of your business (including the main office) can have its own page.

You can (and should) create for each location a separate page through business.google.com/create.

If there are more questions to answer don't hesitate to ask.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes it's just the https://business.google.com/manage/u/2/#/account page which lists two accounts side beside. The business manager is on the right and the main account on the left. The account on the left already has its own G+ page but it also needs to be a business location too...Should it be duplicated into the listings of all the sub offices on the right? I wish I could post a screengrab but can't here...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Michael M

I'm providing a screenshot what I get for oyur link  https://business.google.com/manage/u/2/#/account

screencapture.png

Please describe now what you are trying to do on your end

YOu btw can add or provide screen grabs here after clicking "Reply" selecting "FULL REPLY EDITOR" as shown below

screencapture (1).png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut

Thanks very much for your help here. Yes this is the screen I see, so you have added all your locations in the account on the left hand side. But only one on the right...Ok, that's interesting. I thought I would be adding the sub locations on the right...my query was about whether the head office should be listed on the left or right or both. I'm not sure really what purpose the business manager account on the right provides if you can do everything within the main account on the left?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Michael M

such business accounts are intended to manage bulk locations for a business

In my case I created just one "test" location at the rightmost business account  - what was possible.

So yo are free to add on each business account singel locations and bulk feed locations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok, so the blue right hand side business account is for bulk locations. We have 11 locations to add, so the place for this would be the green left hand side? but we could also add these to the right hand side, but not both of course.

I am still unsure of the difference between adding single locations to the green area and the blue business account area...Google's user interfaces are usually not the best in terms of usability...

When I phoned them about this the person there didn't really understand the product...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
if the 11 locations to add are locations of the same company its ok to use such a "business account"

For a second other business with 17 other locations you should create a second d business account to upload there the 17 locations as ian other (secoand) bulk.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks but you're not really answering my question. Is it best to use the green left hand side account for a small number of individual locations or the right hand side blue business account? It can;'t be both!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
I havn't answered what is best as I don't have enough own experience
i Just have done both - creatting local pages in both accounts.
Can't (personally) see any advantage or disadvantage using either of both