My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Address and Service Area Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI, my question is about my business My Local Music Lessons. We feature a team of mobile music instructors, almost all instruments, who go to students homes in Front Range CO. Areas include Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont, Boulder, Lafayette, Louisville, Westminster, Broomfield, Arvada, Lakewood, Denver, Englewood and more. My Google+ Page forces me to list the business as "Longmont" since this is where my home office is. I have it as a service area, but the listing still shows "Longmont" as business location. However, it is misleading to all potential customers we are trying to reach in our service areas. We don't want to appear as a brick and mortar store in Longmont. This is hurting our business. Is there any way to simply list as a true service area business? For example, Precision Plumbing comes up in all locations. Their warehouse and headquarters isn't listed, and they serve many areas with their trucks ready to go help people with plumbing issues. We are a mobile team of music instructors, ready to go to students homes, and we need a solution as far as our business listings online to represent our service area more clearly to customers. Eventually once we grow locally enough, we may even expand and offer lessons on skype and google hangouts, and add instructors nationwide. Having to be tied to my home address where my office is, hurts us. In addition, I want to start other businesses also, which I will be running out of my same home address, and it seems I am only allowed to have one business at my home address. This is also crippling. I need more streams of income, and I need to be able to have as many businesses as I want. Is there a way for me to have additional businesses at my same address? Some may need a local listing, at an address, and some may be better suited as a service area. I would appreicate some advice and help please with specific instructions how to achieve these 2 main items. If I move business 1 My Local Music Lessons to a purely service area, can I add more businesses at my home address, and if so how many before I am penalized? Google makes billions, I dont understand why I should be penalized and prohibited from launching multiple businesses from my home. Please advise? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Address and Service Area Settings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
nope - any servide area business appears at leats with the name of the city or town the business is running from.
(it doesn't matter it serves customers at their addresses only or at buisnesses home address or both)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK how about my 2nd question please: having multiple businesses? I need to expand and have more streams of income, so I can survive. It seems google will not permit me to have more than one business at my address. There must be a way around this please?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
of course - Google allows several businesses at one certain address.

But it should be be different bsuinesses at least.

Means different phone numbers - different names - different store fronts etc.

Using GoogleMyBusiness for the same phone and address will likely lead in considering them as spam or dublicates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lee,
I was wondering if you ever figured this out? I am trying to even find how I can make my business a service business- right now my listing says "The makeup Shop" in brookhaven NY, and shows my house and driveway as a storefront!! That is pretty embarrassing! I also have multiple businesses- I do art as well. Just hoping you may have come up with a solution! I am posting about this now as soon as i can figure out how! Thanks a bunch,
Tobi :)