My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Address and Service Area Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To start off with, I look forward to my google business to be verified. Had trouble with that. 

But, I have a problem with adding locations zip codes of areas that I serve. I have 10 different warehouses that I can ship from nationwide.

I can add their zip codes and save. The photos below will show what I am addressing as long as I keep my zip code as the only service area I will have the 620 mile radius but I serve nationwide, for example, when entering zip code, Fontana, California 92337 and then click save, it appears to be ok but when I go back to add more zip codes of service areas, warehouses that I ship out of to my customers, and I try to put the radius for that location and it crosses out zip code 92337. Question? Why? I can add all of my warehouse zip codes but I see no radius as I serve these areas. If I put in coverage area mileage, it crosses all zip codes out. Please refer to images that I have uploaded and explain to me what is going on. I would really rather not have to put every zip code of every major city that I serve. We have 20 plus combined years experience and we cannot figure out why you would not allow or disview our service areas. "disview for a lack of better word" Is there a way to give nationwide service radius as I have supplies, products that we sell that can be shipped from these nationwide warehouse zip codes but are not customer locations, just warehouses. But our service center zip code is a public customer service center location. 

Do not leave anything out for me to try and figure out on my own. I have enough business efforts to focus on

And I would like to keep my focus on what we have been doing and what we would like to continue to keep doing.

Thank You

If you respond to this and know the answer, please give step by step instructions. 

motomaxus

My business delivers goods & services to customers within this area 28146and 92337 and other zip.pngMy business delivers goods & services to customers within this area 28146and 92337 and other zipcodes but then cross out 92337 zip.pngMy business delivers goods & services to customers within this area 92337.pngMy business delivers goods & services to customers within this area 28146and 92337 and other zipcodes but not crossed out 92337 zipcod no radius.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Address and Service Area Settings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chad K

I suspect there is a general misunderstanding of a service area business (spoken in terms of  GoogleMyBusiness) and how it works.

Let's restrict on one of the warehouses only for the moment. Perhaps on motomax in NC

you seem selecting "my business  delivers goods and services to customers within this area". 

This means you tell google you would face your customers in the specified area (not just shipping goods to them)

do you really face all your customers of this  business motomax in NC?

The other bad point is: all your service areas of a certain warehouses are covering any  service area of all other warehouses. 

this is no good 

thirdly:

according our experiences any service area exceeding a radius of about  30 - 40 miles is of no benefit.

Goolges ranking algos will in fact penalize such big service areas.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok, so let me try to understand, when you say google ranking algorhythym will pentilize for such big service area, i know this.... but, I want to make another example for you to think about. Amazon, Overstock, many other big names who ship nationwide and 99% of their customers never see staff,

so what is the best for my business and how should I project myself with 20 years combined experience in shipping nationwide and having a local service business?

without getting penalized, setting my radius to 620 miles and just not add the other warehouses that I ship from that does not have a customer service center but we have phone support, email support, just as all the big name companies mentioned above.

Obviously, I want to continue a good relationship with Google but also they need to understand that the logistics of my company should not be trumped by their perceived or Googles experience. Not all companies are the same.

I see many companies in my industry who do the very same thing that I do and they also have a local service center but they are not nationwide service centers, just one location with multiple warehouses. And they are seen at the top of Google's organic search results so how come there seems to be a conflict?

Customer service is something we pride ourself on and face to face communication is up to the customer. We don't come to them but we have all other communicational avenues.

I guess bottom line is, what is going to be the best way to set up my Google business page and still have nationwide recognization in the natural organic search results but yet I am also local business. Please help.

Thanks

Motomaxus

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
maybe create a brand page like Google or other nation wide companies

and create local pages wit reasonable area where you serve your customers
facing them.

Address and Service Area Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

additionally why would they add area for more zip codes to service customers if that was going to be a conflict in other services area..

then gives you a place to add more zip codes? WHY

My business delivers goods & services to customers within this area:

and will let you add as many zip codes as would like ...? WHY

I have not found the answer to this question

why did they put it there?

my view is this is a double-edged sword

please help

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
"they" wouldn't add area for more zip codes - you are adding them - do it carefull and reasonable