My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Account Verification When Creating New Business Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have had several phone calls with Google and no real help yet.

We are an agency managing many clients. Some of these clients are very large and we need to build out 20+ business pages for them. Each of these clients is being managed under a distinct email. We have run into an issue where after making many pages, Google will ask us to verify our ACCOUNT after creating each new page. We can only use the same number about 2-3 times before we told that we need to use a new number. This has nothing to do with verifying the location. Although I am not certain, imagine this has something to do with us doing so much work from this IP address, and it is to prevent spam.

How do large agencies handle this?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Verification When Creating New Business Locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rory,

The best advice I can offer is to involve the client with the account verifications. That way, they have contol over their listings, and you can grant yourself manager access to all the pages.

That works well for me.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan,

The problem I see here is that we are being paid to handle this for them so involving them in the process doesn't seem like an appropriate solution.

Even if we were to involve the client, how would this prevent us from having to continuously verify the google account? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The way I see it, this gives the business owner greater control and clarity over there GMB "asset". It shouldn't take more than a quick phone call. I use the clients business e-mail to create the Google account and then I coordinate with them to verify the account, which normally just involves sending them a phone call or text from Google.

This may seem old school, but this has always worked well for the agency that I work for.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rory,

I've actually had the same Issue. We've tried everything: hours on the phone with the Google My Business support team, using coworker cellphone numbers, finding and using phone number workaround online, and much more.

I haven't been able to find a really sustainable solution as of yet. In the meantime, I'll just keep using my ugly workarounds.

Colan, I could be wrong but I don't think you're answering the question that was asked here. I think Rory's looking for how to get around Google continually asking to phone verify the account when creating new pages. I don't see how having a client involved would prevent this from happening. It seems to me that it would just happen to the client instead.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I might have misunderstood. Are you talking about using one "Owner" account and trying to verify multiple locations in that account for the same business?

"Some of these clients are very large and we need to build out 20+ business pages for them"

In that case you can do bulk verification - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4490296?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan,
The issue is not with verifying the locations. The problem is that I am asked to verify my Google account every time I go to make a new location page. This happens before the verification process for these locations. This would not be a huge problem if it weren't for the fact that Google will only let me use the same phone number a couple of times.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I understand. But if you are trying to make 20+ new location pages for the same large business, you can use the bulk verification. Then you would not need to verify your Google account each time.

If you can provide some more detail about how the accounts are set-up, maybe a screenshot of when it's asking you to verify the account, I will try to provide more insight and I will see if I can get some others to comment as well.