My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

82 locations.. issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have downloaded the template and trailed to upload... i have spoken to google reps for an hour -1/2... we have pages spread across google that are not claimed.. but i just need to upload a new XLS doc that has all the updated and current info - along with store hours in it....

when i go to upload the upload it self works.. except... 2 fields.. the category and sub category... so i go in and edit it.. an make it as generic as possible.. and it still won't pull it in correct.

even if i manually correct them... i can't verify... Google gets a 404 error... the rep... was going to call me back.. but i have yet to hear back...

anyone have any ideas? I need to get this fixed.

82 locations.. issues

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You're in the right area working with support but for enterprise needs and with your opportunity across +50 locations, it's not great. Your file may be formatted weird, have you tried making sure all columns are formatted as 'general text'? That may be tripping up the validator on their side.

There are 3rd party vendors who can help either as the platform you use to do your GMB work (at a higher rate of efficiency across data, review and content management than going native) and due to the fact they represent hundreds of clients and thousands of locations to Google, get a higher level of support when weird issues like this crop up.