My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

2 businesses per location with a total of 9 locations

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I need some help with a client's situation please.

I have a client who has 9 locations for his propane / gas fireplace business, let's call it AA Energy. Each location has a different address and different phone number. AA Energy is both a retail store and a service business (i.e. they sell gas fireplaces in the retail store AND they deliver propane within a service area).

The same client also has a decorative concrete / outdoor kitchen business, let's call it BB Concrete. Until this point, BB Concrete (which is only about 2 years old) has had one location and one number (both different from AA Energy). BB Concrete is more of a service business but does see customers during business hours at their office as well.

Now the client wants to share his 9 AA Energy locations with BB Concrete. So 2 different businesses, with the same address but with different phone numbers (note BB Concrete only has 1 phone number - AA Energy has 9 different phone numbers).

We currently have Google My Business pages for all (9) AA Energy locations and (1) Google My Business page for BB Concrete.

How would you suggest I proceed?

Should I create and verify separate GMB pages for BB Concrete for each of the 9 locations? Will I run into issues with the same addresses?

And if I do create separate GMB pages, should the client continue to use their (1) phone number for BB Concrete or should they get separate phone numbers for each location?

Please advise the best way to proceed.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 2 businesses per location with a total of 9 locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Neil B

BB Concrete can use the same address BUT they will each have to have separate phone numbers.

Ideally there should be a slight differentiation in the address : Unit 2 or Suite 2

I would also recommend having all locations addresses and tel number on site, for reviewers if they check site details.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Neil B

I don't quite understand what you mean  "to share his 9 AA Energy locations with BB Concrete"

Do you mean BB Conrete should or will be also deal at all locations as AA Energy is running their business?

To make a  comparison (as a sample though):

Supposed "AA Energy" is a ordinary bank company at their  9 nine locations.

and "BB Conrete" is a transfer service  like WesternUnion 

and now your client is going to have beside of the nine existent locations of the bank nine other GMB entries for transfer service at the locations of the bank?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Helmut

Let me try to clarify.

The AA Energy locations are retail showrooms with their gas fireplaces, stoves, gas grills, accessories, etc. You can also sign up for propane tank installation and delivery service, pay your bill, etc.

BB Concrete will occupy a portion of the retail showroom, such as an outdoor kitchen on display and samples of different materials and options. You can also speak to a concrete salesman and schedule a free estimate (they have to come out to your home to measure and factor in things like slope, etc).

BB Concrete is called a "division of AA Energy" but are separate business entities. They cross promote and compliment each other's products and services and share some staff across both businesses if that matters.

Hope that helps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Tim

So for example, we would be OK saying AA Energy is "123 Main Street" and BB Energy is "123 Main Street, Suite 2" correct?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Neil B

Now that you have explained the situation, you could actually use the same address.

Then you could contact business support, to add the "inside" marker to the business page in Maps.

You would still need a separate tel number though

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Tim Capper, could you elaborate on what the "inside" marker is or maybe point to an example?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Neil B

screencapture (41).png

2 businesses per location with a total of 9 locations

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

@Ravi Kumar S

This post has been archived by a Moderator. Please review the Community Guidelines before posting again.

Thank you for your understanding.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PP