AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

why are our bills far more than daily limit times 30.4?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are constantly being billed for far more than 30.4 times our daily limit.  Why is this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why are our bills far more than daily limit times 30.4?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Lewis,

Did you actually cross check the Billing area to see the specific click/cost activities happening inside your account?

That would give you a better idea of  where most of the costs have been accrued.

As per AdWords, when your ads are shown quite frequently, the total daily cost might go up to 20% more than your average daily budget. You can find more info in the help center here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en 

Pankaj

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Pankaj is correct that daily spend could exceed the spending cap by as much as 20%. This is because starting and stopping ads isn't done with a stopwatch Smiley Happy and in part, the overrun on some days is made up for by underspending on other days.

However, the amount you're billed for each month will not exceed your total budget cap (daily spending cap x 30.4).

On the other hand, if you have changed your campaign's daily spending cap during the month, even briefly, then that higher daily cap is part of the total calculations. If, for example, you changed your $10 daily spending cap, increasing it to $5,000 for four days, then lowered it back to $10? The $5,000 is taken into account when the program is calculating how much your max monthly spending can be. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you both but I am sticking to my guns. Our cap is £2 per day (£60.80 per month) and we are regularly being billed £84. I have not changed the campaign for months. The cap used to be £30 and I have only now realized (now that I have investigated) that we were regularly billed over £40 per month then too. It seems to me that the only way to stop Google from billing more than they are supposed to is to reduce the daily cap.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lewis H
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have solved it! It is because we also have a campaign running for a Google Places location. It is a separate account from the adwords account. Tthe money is taken with the payments for the adwords campaign which is why it was higher by 30% than our cap. But it doesn't tell you this anywhere on the invoice! I had to call up Google to be told this. Thanks anyway. Hopefully this will be useful for someone else in the future.