AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

why 2 clicks cost me $19 ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just started my campain for the spring; Two clicks cost me more than $19 !! never paid this before. What could be happening.?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why 2 clicks cost me $19 ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Herherre,

So that it does not happen again, you are advised to set your Bidding option to Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding on the Campaign Settings page, and adjust the bid amount of the campaign to a value you're comfortable with. If it's properly set you'll never be charged more for a click than the max CPC value which is also called bid

Best,

Lakatos

Re: why 2 clicks cost me $19 ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Great advice from Lakatos above!

I would just like to add that if you really want to make sure that you are not spending more than what is actually set, don't go for any advanced settings like enhanced CPC or bid multipliers or if you have created an enhanced campaign, then don't really push for regional bid multipliers etc...

Doing that might again cost you more than what you expected. Just stick to the basic level of bidding first and try to control the cost initially and when you are comfortable doing all this, then go for advanced level of bidding options.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj