AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

not sure what is going on.....

This message displays on my account: Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

Google has withdrawn money out of my CC account, but i did notice my name was misspelled in the cardholder field. i fixed it and then called to see how i can get it turned back on.

Then the girl that was helping me on the phone sent me this:

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

i am getting mixed messages about what is really wrong. i have no idea what is going on and i haven't been given clear answers from anyone. please help. i have reviewed all the policies and i don't see where we went a stray and the billing info should be good to go.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, they suspend me too and gave me that reason.

There is nothing wrong with my credit card and the billing info is correct. When contact their CS, they cannot even tell me whats wrong

It seems that they are happily suspending people for no reason. They think that they are so big that they can treat customers like **bleep**.

Such Arrogance!!!

Re: suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have experienced the same issue. And after a dip drive into the issue, what I can say is that Google suspends accounts only when they find some violation of policies. As the message displaying is "Account suspended as the billing information could not be verified". This does not mean that the exactly you have some credit card realted issue. This suspension may be happen due to any on of the below mentioned reason:

1. Invalid credit card.

2. Billing address and used credit card are not from different country.

3. Same credit card has been used for some other account, which violates the policies of adwords.

4. Repeated adwords account has been created for same business.

5. Business promoted through that account does not have a registered address.

6. Also account created for some business like tech support, are suspended sometimes to check the genuinity of the service they are providing and also the certifications and also other formalities.

Please confirm the business vertical and also check if your account is satifying anyone of the above mentioned condition. Nevertheless if you think that your account has been suspended wihtout any valid reason, please escalate the issue by visint the help page, adwords team will get in touch with you.

Hope this can help you.

Thank you

Foyzul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All the more they should clarify with us, their customers. Like it or not, we are still paying CUSTOMERS. We are not asking money from them, we are giving them in return for a GOOD SERVICE!

Not to just suspend without any explanation, or even a slightest chance for us to correct our mistakes. These bloody idiots in Google Adwords think themselves as GOD and feel that they can treat us like **bleep**!!

GO TO HELL GOOGLE!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I think you should contact the adwords helpline number of write an email to them stating your problem. My be this will work.

Thank you

Foyzul

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.