AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

same credit card for new account (previous account cancelled)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I used to have an adwords account a long time ago, but stopped using it. Recently i decided i wanted to start fresh and cancelled my previous account and created a new one (to advertise the same business).

So my question is:

is there any problem if I use the same credit card?

since my previous account is cancelled, is there any problem if i advertise the same business?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Why start fresh?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi teraric,

Why start fresh if you're going to promote the same account?  You already have the shell for an account and some history built up, you can "delete" old campaigns and start new ones without any issues.

Are you planning on using the same email address from the old account on the new one?

I would warn you that you may be walking a fine line and the best course of action for you may be to contact Adwords support (button is on top right of screen). Explain the exact situation and see what they have to say.  You'll be much better off knowing exactly what 'could' happen rather than responding if something 'does' happen.

Someone else may be able to better outline the possibilities but contacting support will never hurt you.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

One business - One account Policy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

teraric,

As Tom suggested, be advised, that One business - One account , is a firm policy of Google AdWords. Advertising the same business on two different accounts may result is suspension of your account - permanently.

So, if you have an active AdWords account, and wish to open a new one (for the same business) , do that only AFTER closing the first one.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’