AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

running ads in currency other than paid in adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Everyone

Can I run ads in different currency on adwords other than that currency, in which I have paid in my adwords account.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: running ads in currency other than paid in adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Simple answer: No. The currency is set at the account level and applies to all campaigns on the account.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sachin J,

@Moshe is right - once a currency is set up, theris no way to change it. But there is a way if you need another currency - Create a separate account with any aplicable AdWords currency

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
mvarga is right. You should create separate account with currency which you want to be billed.
Currency and time zone can not be changed if you selected for any account.

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I disagree with @mvarga on this.

Creating another account for the same business entity, targeting the same audiences, to promote the same service / product  is not allowed regardless of the currency.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Moshe TLV

if you don't use both accounts simultaneously there is no problem.
You obviously did't work in countries that didn't have their currency included for a long time. But when Google included their currency, there is absolutely no reason not to create another account with local currency, and not to use U$ or €. We had this problem in Croatia, Serbia and a lot of accounts were just moved / changed to local currency.
So, I disagree with your disagreement, but not with your first answer Smiley Happy

Even Google local office promote the idea to move accounts to local currency. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@mvarga;

The  scenario in your reply is a specific  of the case in which currency is added to the list. The original question was about a currency already on the list.

The formal written language of the Policy is:

"Promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries" - This is considered  gaining an unfair advantage and thus  is not allowed.

In practice, what this means is having two accounts, by the same business targeting the same audience, in the same age-area, selling the same product(s). This practice might put one of the accounts at risk.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
@MosheTLV,

although I agree with a wast majority of your comments, on this one I can't, because the policy is referring on: PROMOTING ..... not CREATING!
There is no problem in creating a new account with a different currency if you pause or delete the old account. You're getting it wrong.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@mvarga... Well, why would a business create an AdWords account if not to promote the business?....

Note: the original question by the OP  was about having 2 accounts to promote the business. Let's not "derail"  the discussion, and keep it focused on the OP's question.

My  other comment is: once you cancel an account (note: An account cannot be deleted, it can only be cancelled) - the business is left with only one account. This is, indeed, in-line with the Policy.

To conclude: if you are having more than one account, owned by the same business, targeting the same audience, promoting the same product(s), I would advise to merge the campaigns into one account, and to cancel one.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV

I understood the question differently. A lot of my clients switched to local currency, once it was listed in AdWords.
To clear this out:
You can create another account with a different currency, and it's not a policy violation. I agree with your statement:
If you are having more than one account, owned by the same business, targeting the same audience, promoting the same product(s), I would advise to merge the campaigns into one account, and to cancel one.
With a small addition: During the same time