AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

prepaid to postpaid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I swap my billing from prepaid to postpaid?

Cheers

Krystle

Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: prepaid to postpaid

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Krystle,

You can swap your payment method from your billing setting page under the billing tab.

Follow the instructions on this page and let me now if you have any problems.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Krystle,

Just a small addition to what Adam said above; from my recent experience I can say that it might happen that due to the old billing interface (if account is pretty old), you are not allowed to swap from prepaid to post paid method of payment.

You might try using the instructions mentioned in the referred article by Adam, but if doesn't happen get in touch with Adwords support to really know if that possibility is with your account.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam

Thanks for the direction to the correct help page. Unfortuantly for me it looks like I can't swap between prepaid and postpaid without closing my account and opening a new one,

"...you can't switch from a postpay option to a prepay option or vice versa...If you'd like to switch between a prepay and a postpay option, you can do so by closing your existing AdWords account and creating another with your preferred payment method."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Pankaj

I'll give getting in touch with support a go as according to the help pages swapping isn't an option. I'll let you know the outcome.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@catapult;

Indeed, there are accounts where you cannot do the switch.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’