AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HELP !! Please...

I am being billed by Google for charges I did not authorize !...How do I get help to stop this....been working with Google support for over 30 days with NO resolution

I want the charges stopped....but have no idea what I'm even being billed for ...

Tim 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: please help

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

To stop costs from further accruing, please navigate to the *All campaigns* page of your AdWords account, select each and every campaign appearing on the left side, find the *Edit* drop-down, click on the tiny arrow and select *Remove*. Thereby all your campaigns will stop running.

Please come back with your queries in case you need more basic advice.

Best,
Lakatos

Re: Ad Words please help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Lakatos,

First I must identify myself as a first time Google Ads user....

I was attempting to simply set up a AD word account ...gave my CC info
thinking this was to complete the process.

What I did NOT understand was this actually activated ad words ....and
billing ....of a dormant URL...Ugh ....

Now try to unwind monthly billing that I had no idea was being charged ....

Tim E <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Thank you for your understanding.

Re: Ad Words please help

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

"gave my CC info thinking this was to complete the process."

You did it right.

"this actually activated ad words ....and billing ....of a dormant URL"

That's not clear. What is that dormant URL? And how could you accrue costs without creating your first campaign?

I'd honestly recommend you do not spend money before you assign a week or two to learning basic AdWords. You could start e.g. here:

***   Welcome to the AdWords Help Center   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en&rd=1#topic=3119071

Best,

Lakatos