AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

phone extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone had issues with lots of phone extension clicks but NO phone traffic in their places of business? I'm paying for 25-30 phone extension clicks per day, but the phone only rings 5-10 times and half of the calls are robo-calls or hangups.  I don't know if this is a common issue with phone extensions

Re: phone extensions

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello MMC,

I would check first with the Segment button , option "This extension vs. other" , to check if those clicks were on the actual extension not on other parts of the Ad.

Then if the number is presented as a national number but the campaign is targeted in more countries , the problem could be with clicks from other countries seeing a number they do not recognize.

Then if those ads are in a search campaign I would pick a search term which triggers a cheap keyword and I would try to test what happens if I click the phone number ( from a mobile device of course) if the call can be made or not.

Re: phone extensions

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
You have to make sure that you are looking at the right data, and that you have your call extensions setup right.

What kind of call extensions are you using - Your phone number, or a Google call forwarding number?
Tom