AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

opting of adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I cancel/opt out of AdWords?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: opting of adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Could you be more specific? Are you looking at closing your account down or would you like to not see any adwords ads?

I am going to assume that you wish to 'cancel' your account.

There is no way of deleting or cancelling an adwords account once created. What you can do is pause all your campaigns to stop them from running.

If you still have credit in your account you can apply for a refund.
Follow the link below:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1703646?hl=en

If this is the case, perhaps we here may help you with what issues you are having before you decide to opt out of adwords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You cannot delete the account. You could cancel the account and reactivate it  in the future should you wish. (Using the same Google account).

Please note that once an email account is linked to an Adwords account, it cannot be linked to another (Adwords)  account.

See the following instructions for a step by step instructions;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6055604?hl=en&rd=2

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Welcome to the AdWords Community Smiley Happy

Yes, You can cancel the adwords account at any time. In order to cancel the account, you can click on Setting wheel button>> then  Account Cancellation.

Account cancellation.png

Please read the link for more info.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Okie,

I guess I misunderstood the terminology, to me cancelling and deleting would be the same thing, I stand corrected. So cancelling is pretty much making your account dormant?

The more you know Smiley Tongue