AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

no apparent clicks but budget reached

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm new to adwords, and am having trouble seeing where my money (clicks) are going? they dont seem to be showing up next to the keywords I use.

I have a daily budget of $25. The seems to be 3 clicks in total registered next to 2 x different key words ( 1x eact match, 1x phrase match). total cost of those clicks are $1.21. 

when I hover over the graph above that shows clicks, it shows there have been 53 clicks (which is about my budget and average cost per click of .50c) 

Where are the clicks coming from? I need to know what key words are working and what are not?

Cheers

Ben

adwords2.PNG

adwords1.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: no apparent clicks but budget reached

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ben,

I can see you have campaign type of Search with Display select option. So there is a possibility that apart from the keywords on Search network, your ads are showing on automatic placements as well. That could be the reason of hitting the daily budget because it's not only the keywords but the placements as well, which might be getting you clicks.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben M,

Whenever you are checking your keywords and ads make sure that 

a. You are clicking on "All" for both keywords and ads.

b.Time range selected is same for both keywords and ads.

all ads.jpg

all keywords.jpg

Will wait for your feedback.

Cheers!!!

Aritra Mukherjee

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ben,

I can see you have campaign type of Search with Display select option. So there is a possibility that apart from the keywords on Search network, your ads are showing on automatic placements as well. That could be the reason of hitting the daily budget because it's not only the keywords but the placements as well, which might be getting you clicks.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

pankaj1782

you culd be right (see below)

It says automatic in the disaply network placements. I really only wat it to show up on PC's and on google searches.

how do I change that?

auto.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Aritra,

this did give me a little more info but it still doesn't account for the lost clicks

cheers

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ben,

You might want to read more about the campaign and campaign sub-type here: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043?hl=en

It also explains how you can switch (if possible) from one campaign to another type if you are not satisfied with the current one.

In order to see the details of all clicks, click on Settings button on top right corner and then go to Billing. This would give you history of how clicks and cost have been accrued in your account.

Pankaj