AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

my listing under review but still they charge money , why ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hamad H,

You are not charged unless specific actions happen with your campaigns. However, when setting up your account you do have to enter billing details and AdWords can run an amount to verify the billing source can be used. This would become a credit to be used once your ads become active.

To help you better understand Google AdWords billing, let's review. 

1) Log in to AdWords.

2) Click on gear icon in upper right corner.

3) Click Billing.

Now you will see all the main info about debits and credits, which is where payments and charges are charted. If a payment was successful, it will state that is was and show the amount paid in the credits column. If it did not go through, it will list the amount it tried to process but the credit column will be empty. If the credit column is empty, no charge was made against your payment method and you need to resubmit the payment. It typically takes 24 hours for AdWords billing to clear a payment and post it. Also, often when I make a payment, nothing will appear but if I refresh the page (or click on campaigns and then back to billing... it will appear. 

From here, you would want to visit the ads section of your AdWords account and see what the status of your ads are. You will also want to make sure you set the date range to something that covers enough time to encompass any activity. It could be that the ads were enabled and approved... and then a change was made that put the ads back into a pending review status. 

Please take a look at all of this and let us know if we can help further. 

Kind Regards,

James