AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

matching billing with payments

A R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
A R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I quite simply want a printout or download with information from my account that matches the amount that has been charged against my credit card and splits the information between campaigns/individual ads so that I can on-charge clients and provide measurements around costs for them.

How do I do this?

The invoice isn't available until 3 weeks after my credit card has been charged, the information on the 'invoice' merely shows me how much was charged against my card, not how the charge was made up.  The export all as .csv option only gives the total of all campaign activities for the day.  The detail that sits behind the link for each individual activity breaks down the clicks and  costs between each campaign but I don't seem to be able to get this detail, by campaign, by day?  It appears I have to write this out for each day?

There must be a way to do this.  I'm not finding anything in the help that tells me how and where I get this information onto a printout or into a csv file.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: matching billing with payments

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@A R;

In the "standard" billing an invoice is available on a monthly basis, while charges  could be placed  by Google several times a month (based on your billing threshold), Unless you applied for a monthly invoicing, (which I understand is not the case)

I understand from your question that the same account is used for different campaigns for different clients.  A better way would be to set a separate account for each client, and manage all of them under one "umbrella account -  an  MCC.

An account per client (all linked to an MCC)  will allow you to have all charges of a single client within the client's account, while keeping  the convenience of managing campaigns in one place.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

A R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the most part I understand what your saying, thank you.

However, the 'set a separate account for each client' I don't understand. 

1. Does this mean I will need to set up a separate google account for each client, set them up with an adwords account, set up their campaigns again under this new account, then link that new account to the mmc account? 

2. If so, I see I can copy the campaigns across to a new account but I can't copy any history across?  How do I retain the history (this is important)?

3. If I understand this correctly this is rather a large job - Is there really no way to export a .csv showing the individual daily transactions for a period of time that matches the charges I receive on the credit card?  I would have thought if I could see this information on screen (even if I have to keep drilling down) then there should be a way to export it.

Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@A R;

1. Correct!

2. The best way would be  using the Adwords editor;

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/?hl=en#topic=3290839

And about copying campaigns between accounts;

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/38654?hl=en

3. Indeed, this is a time consuming task;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’