AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

is payment method required to set up account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

As part of my job, I teach students how to set up a Google AdWords account from scratch. One of the assignments I set for them is to create a new search network campaign consisting of 2 AdGroups with 5 keywords and 2 ads in each. They do this w/out activating the account and then they set me up as a user and I grade their assignment by logging in and reviewing their account set up to make sure it is accurate. Then they remove my user access and it's up to them whether they activate the account or not. 

Part of the revised account creation process involves entering billing details, even if the account will never be used. However some students are either uncomfortable entering billing details, don't own a credit card or don't have a method of payment they can enter that is acceptable in their region.

QUESTION: Is it possible for a student to set up an account with a single campaign without being forced to enter billing details? If so, please advise the process.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kalena J
September 2015

Re: is payment method required to set up account?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kalena,

Yes, you can access AdWords account to create dummy campaigns. I don't remember the exact process but at the time of creation you see an options that says "Setup Billing Later". Students needs to click setup billing later when they create campaigns. Before hitting any button advice them to read options available to go to next page.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kalena J
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kalena,

Campaigns can be created as much as they want with with setting, features etc. Their ads won's show live if payment method is not setup. Otherwise all features of adwords are available for them.

Thanks,

Virendra

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks guys - it looks like the issue was that the student had chosen AdWords Express instead of regular AdWords, which forced payment method to become compulsory.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Kalena J

please be request that my Ad Word A/C is suspended for none payment now I already Ad my new account and I want to pay my out standing payment but when I go to pay my payment is no box show pay your payment please let me now how to pay my payment and start my Ad. my Customer ID # 342-928-0882

if you have any question please feel free to call me at 313-655-9416. thanks 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

please can you help me to pay my payment  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, I don't work for Google and cannot help you with this.