AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

invalid clikcs

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

if the automatic filtering system for invalid clicks does not successfully remove all potential invalid clicks, do I need to report suspicious activity. Or is all traffic atomatically searched after the automatic filter system. Basically is everything analized twice or do I need to do an invalid click report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: invalid clikcs

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your invalid clicks question, if you believe that our filtering system has missed some invalid clicks you do have the option to report it to Google directly (see the explanation below): 

Google has filtering & detection systems in place for invalid clicks. You can see how many invalid clicks you receive by adding the 'invalid clicks' column in your Adwords account. Ad the report by clicking on the 'columns' tab/icon at account/campaign level. The invalid clicks column shows clicks that your were 'not' charged for & an indication of how Googles technology has filtered these clicks.

If you suspect that your account is affected by invalid click activity, we'll be happy to investigate your account. However, many suspected cases of invalid clicks are actually the result of valid reasons for increases in click activity. For instance, an increase in your clicks or cost could be due to your ads showing more often on the network or could be due to an increase in your daily budget. Very often, simple checks in your account can help you to immediately identify the reason for a traffic fluctuation and make campaign adjustments to improve your return-on-investment (ROI). 

Click on this link if you would like to have Google check your invalid click activity.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

do i find credits for invalid clicks in the campaigns tab or billing tab?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If Googles automatic filtering system does not succesfully remove all pottentialy invalid clicks is there an automatic offline analysis by an ad traffic team? Or is that part of the detection system? If i suspect that the automatic filtering system is incorect is the next step for me to submit an invalid click report?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Bob,

In answer to your first question, it can be found in the Campaigns but you will need to add it as described in my reply. For your other questions, yes if you suspect an invalid click got pass our filtering system, you can report via this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?rd=1